The Arizona Telecommunications and Information Council (ATIC) is a non-profit organization that provides expertise to effectively guide telecommunications and digital technology policy development and deployment in the state of Arizona.
ATIC engages in, promotes, and supports initiatives and guides adoption of effective public policies that will enable the development of a statewide Technology Infrastructure to bridge the Digital Divide and support Arizona's educational, economic and community development.
Public and Private Partners
Our public and private partners include:
- Large and small businesses
- Economic development organizations
- Consumer organizations
- Local and state government agencies
- Educational institutions: K-12, Universities and Community Colleges
- Health care
- Arizona Corporation Commission
- Arizona legislature
- Information technology and telecommunications companies
- Providing opportunities to showcase technologies, educate the public, discuss issues and exchange information regarding telecom and technology public policy.
- Advocating for AZ legislation such as the Digital Arizona Highways Act; the Telemedicine Parity Bill; and the Medical Licensure Compact - Urban Insurance Coverage-Telemedicine
- Contributing to key reports on future vision and needs analysis for Arizona Broadband/Digital Capacity Development such as Arizona’s Strategic Plan for Digital Capacity and; the Arizona Interactive Broadband Map
- Collaborating with the Arizona Department of Education and State Library to promote the Arizona Broadband Initiative for Education
- Collaborating with Arizona state agencies and organizations to support implementation of the Arizona Statewide Broadband Strategic Plan
- Partnering with nonprofit organizations such as the Greater Arizona eLearning Association, the Arizona Technology in Education Association, the Arizona Telemedicine Program and the Arizona Technology Council
- Convening regional and statewide telecom roundtables and summits for engagement/action
- Providing Public Forums on topics such as emerging technologies, telecom policy, Telemedicine, and Cybersecurity
- Coordinating initiatives such as the Arizona Broadband Stakeholder Network and the Arizona Virtual Online Labs Consortium